From April 1, All Insurance Companies Will Introduce Standard Health Policy ‘Arogya Sanjeevani’, Basic Needs Will Be Covered:-
From April 1, All Insurance Companies Will Bring Standard Health Policy ‘Arogya Sanjeevani’:-
The Guidelines for Standard Individual Health Insurance were issued by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) for financial health protection of the people of the country. Under this, general and health insurance companies have been asked to compulsorily offer a product with a maximum of Rs 5 lakh and a minimum of Rs 1 lakh for basic health needs. All the companies have been asked to name this product as ‘Arogya Sanjeevani Policy’. However, after this, the company will be able to add its name. These products will be released on 1 April 2020.
Due to more policies available in the market, there is difficulty in choosing:-
- According to IRDA, due to more policies available in the market, the customer has to face difficulty in choosing the insurance policy. It was therefore decided to instruct the general and health insurance companies to bring a standard policy.
- The standard product will include some fixed covers. Whatever companies offer certain facilities, on that basis companies will be able to fix the price of the product. Standard products will be offered on an indemnity basis and the policy will be for one year.
These Facilities Will Be Offered:-
- This policy covers hospitalization expenses, other expenses like cataracts with lower limits, plastic surgery required due to illness or accident, all types of daycare treatment, dental treatment, ambulance expenses (maximum Rs 2,000 per hospitalization).
- The expenses of hospitalization for treatment under AYUSH expenses up to 30 days before hospitalization and expenses up to 60 days after discharge from the hospital will also be covered.
- IRDA stated that the sum insured (excluding bonus) will be increased by 5 percent for each claim-free policy year. There will be conditions with it. The policy will be renewed without break.
- Any type of deductibles is not permitted in this product.
- The plan will also be offered on a family floater basis. It will not be combined with critical illness cover or benefit based cover.
- IRDA has set a minimum limit of 18 years and a maximum of 65 years for taking the policy. The policy will be renewed throughout its life.
- Portability related rules will apply to this policy. Its premium will be fixed at the Akilbhartiya level. This policy can be launched without any approval with some conditions.
What Is Family Floater Plan:-
In the floater plan, you can take your family i.e. spouse, child, parents as well as in-laws, as extended family cover. Many companies also cover pre-existing parental illness in the floater plan. However, you will have to pay a higher premium for this. In total, you can cover 15 family members in a floater plan. With this, you do not have to insure family members separately, this will also save money.